The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) seeks an experienced Collections Associate for its Member Services Department. This person will be making phone calls to members to collect upcoming and past-due renewal payments. You will serve as a DMA spokesperson to its members that are marketers and suppliers in the data-driven marketing industry. The Collections Associate is responsible for reaching out to members to secure payment for overdue renewals and help members to get the most from their DMA membership. You will work with Member Services and the Accounting Department to communicate renewal payments and progress reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collections: Call members and inform of overdue accounts and renewal amounts. Leave actionable voice messages as appropriate. Send a follow up email from a template. Repeat calls as appropriate. Track progress and develop internal reporting.
- Offer appropriate benefits and solutions to emphasize value of membership.
- Listen to member’s situation and determine if membership dues can be collected.
- Confirm all company and contact information is current, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Use the DMA CRM system to update member records and track outreach activity.
- Pull and maintain reports of overdue accounts organized by billing cycle.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ in a collections role, including great customer success experience
- Calm, professional and friendly demeanor
- Sound judgment and reasoning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, professional team-player who embraces team success
- Attentive, pleasant and customer focused at all times
- Member/Customer database system experience
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High School diploma required
Location: Washington, DC United States
If you are seeking a part-time collections role in a dynamic industry and would like to advance your career, then this could be for you! We will train you!
Please reply with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
US - United States
US - OK
US - Alexandria, VA
Back to top