The PR Communications Specialist will help the DMA to achieve its business objectives by ensuring that we generate press coverage that:
- Firmly establish DMA credentials among marketers as THE leading advocate for the data-driven marketing industry. Demonstrated by regular press mentions (national, business, trade and consumer) and member education/communications. Particular effort will be around media that is important to enterprise marketing leaders and legislative/regulatory leaders.
- Strengthen the tie between DMA members and our advocacy efforts, and deepen member awareness of our advocacy programs. Demonstrated by success in the goal above, and testimonials/member engagement in DMA advocacy efforts. Help us make DMA membership essential to responsible data-driven marketers.
- Build awareness of the benefits of responsible data-driven marketing among U.S., consumers – mostly through conduits like consumer protection groups and DMA Members. Goal is to build trust in responsible data driven marketers. Demonstrated by paid, earned and member-owned media branding and promotion.
This role will report to the SVP, Member Communications (based in New York), with a dotted line to the SVP of Government Affairs (based in D.C.).
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactive press outreach and story pitching to trades, business press and policy writers, mostly in the US but also in Europe. Press relations will be the vast majority of this role’s responsibility.
- Monitoring coverage of key advocacy issues around data-driven marketing that are important to DMA and our members (e.g.: privacy, data management, regulation of mobile apps and other channels) and identifying reporters and bloggers who need to understand our point of view. Once identified, we will actively pitch story ideas to these people.
- Maintain a media outreach calendar and press list for achieving our Communications goals.
- Writing press releases, press statements, blog posts, columns and op-eds for the authorship of DMA executives and lobbyists.
- Preparing weekly press coverage and important media highlights reports for Senior Staff and our Government Affairs teams
- Collaborate closely with the Government Affairs group as well as our member communications and digital media teams.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years in a similar press relations role in a trade association. Legislative press room experience preferred but not required.
- Contacts with journalists and bloggers that would be important to DMA audiences.
- Excellent writing skills, along with the ability to write for self and executives
- Knowledge and experience with public affairs and advocacy teams
- Highly motivated with a “can do” attitude and the ability to make informed decisions quickly while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with remote teams (your manager will be in New York City) and across department and functional lines
- Positive, professional team-player who embraces team success
- BS in Marketing, Journalism or related area
If you are the outstanding professional who is interested in working for the world’s largest marketing association, please apply now. This unique professional opportunity offers an excellent benefits package.
Please reply with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
US - GA - Atlanta
US - GA - Atlanta
Back to top